Funds will be distributed to individuals to assist with durable medical equipment (DME) expenses not covered by third party payers. Examples include orthotics, crutches, wheelchairs, cushions, shower chairs, grab bars, vehicle modifications, etc.
The following guidelines will be used:
- Documentation outlining service and cost from provider must accompany the request.
- Documentation of third party payer limits must accompany the request.
- There will be a maximum limit of $500.00 per individual per year.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for all SBAI Assistance Programs:
- Each request must be in writing using either the SBAI Assistance Request Form or a personal letter.
- The individual requesting assistance must be a member of the SBAI and must be enrolled in the SBAI Assistance Programs for the current year.
- All requests must be received within 30 days of the event unless stated otherwise within the specific program.