Funds will be distributed to individuals to assist with lodging, transportation, meals, and other expenses during out of town medical appointments.
The following guidelines will be used:
- The request must be received within 30 days following the appointment.
- Written verification of the medical appointment must be provided from the doctor or clinic. Lodging receipts MUST accompany overnight requests for verification.
- There will be a maximum limit of $900.00 per individual per year determined as follows:
- $50.00 will be paid for a one day appointment.
- $125.00 will be paid for an overnight appointment.
- $175.00 will be paid for 2 consecutive nights with an additional $75.00 per consecutive night.
- Overnight stays that do not include a hotel stay (ex. staying with a relative, Ronald McDonald House, etc) will be paid $50 for the first day and $25 for each additional day.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for all SBAI Assistance Programs:
- Each request must be in writing using either the SBAI Assistance Request Form or a personal letter.
- The individual requesting assistance must be a member of the SBAI and must be enrolled in the SBAI Assistance Programs for the current year.
- All requests must be received within 30 days of the event unless stated otherwise within the specific program.