Maximize your support for the SBAIA through your employer.
Corporate employee matching gift programs are a great way to elevate your donation to the Spina Bifida Association of Iowa. Many employers generously match an employee’s or retiree’s gifts to a non-profit organization. An employer-based matching gift program is typically an agreement to match dollar for dollar. Often, employers match 100% of the original donation. The matching must be made within a certain period of time from the original donation (30 days is standard). Most companies with a matching program have a cap, or limit, to what they will match for each employee annually.
As a donor, you might have a few questions.
- What do I need to do to participate in a matching gift program? How do I designate the Spina Bifida Association of Iowa as a recipient of matching gifts for my donation?
- Setting up for matching funds will only take a few minutes. It can make a major impact on the organization receiving the funds. If your employer will match a gift to the Spina Bifida Association of Iowa, your company’s matching gift form should be submitted with your own cash donation to the SBAIA office.
- How do I find out if my company has a matching gift program?
- Your HR department should be able to quickly answer this question.
- Where do I get the forms?
- If your gift is a one-time donation typically you can pick up the form and mail it to the office of the Spina Bifida Association of Iowa (see address in link below) with your check.
Should you have more questions or need help with matching gifts please contact us. Your gift is tax-deductible. The SBAIA is a 501c3 in the state of Iowa.
Your gift will make a difference in the future of those living with spina bifida.