The following guidelines are for all SBAI Assistance Programs:
- Each request must be in writing using either the SBAI Assistance Request Form.
- The individual requesting assistance must be a member of the SBAI and must be enrolled in the SBAI
- All requests must be received within 30 days of the event unless stated otherwise within the specific program.
The SBA of Iowa believes in accessibility to exercise programs that assist with management of Spina Bifida and general healthy living.
Funds will be available to individuals and their families to assist with membership or program fees associated with organized and accessible exercise and fitness programs. Examples of covered items may include YMCA memberships, health club memberships, fitness classes such as yoga, martial arts, aerobics, spin, weight training, etc. The goal and intent of this program is to provide members and their families with opportunities to exercise and be active. The board of the Spina Bifida Association of Iowa reserves the right to determine if a particular membership or program aligns with the spirit of this program. If you have a question about whether a specific membership or program is covered, please contact the SBAI office.
The following guidelines will be used:
- Requests for assistance must be accompanied by a receipt from the organization that specifies the name of the organization, address, fee and the time period covered by the fee.
- Please let us know if this organization is offering special terms or conditions for the member so we can share with the group.
- There is a maximum limit of $500 per member per year.
Submit your request by printing and completing the Assistance Program Request Form and mailing it with the required documents to:
Spina Bifida Association of Iowa
Attn: Reimbursement Program
8525 Douglas Avenue, Suite 39
Urbandale, IA 50322