Ready to go to camp? We can help!
The Spina Bifida Association of Iowa provides scholarships–or camperships 🏕– for kids to go to special camps. If you are looking for a special camp there are many across the country that we can help you find. In the past we have provided scholarships for kids to attend these camps:
- Spirit Camp (Florence, South Dakota)
- Adaptive Sports Camp (Cedar Falls, Iowa)
- Camp High Hopes (Sioux City, Iowa)
- Wonderfully Made Camp (Dayton, Iowa)
- Ironwood Springs Christian Wheelchair Basketball Camp (Stewartville, Minnesota)
- Youth Rally (Colorado)
- Camp Independence YMCA (Illinois)
Scholarships are available to help individuals affected by Spina Bifida attend camps that help build their social, mental and physical health. Scholarships are distributed DIRECTLY TO THE CAMP OR SPONSORING ORGANIZATION to assist with the registration cost. Reimbursements cannot be made to individuals who have already registered.
The following guidelines will be used:
- Requests must be received at least one month prior to the deadline for camp registration to allow enough time to process payment to camp.
- There will be a maximum limit of $500 per family per year.
- The following information must be provided with the application:
- Name and all contact information for the sponsoring organization
- Documentation on the total cost of the camp registration and/or
- Copy of registration form with registration fees included
4. Following your child’s participation in camp, we ask that you provide at least one photograph of them at camp and a testimonial about their experience at camp. This information will be used in our promotional materials.
Submit your request by printing and completing the camp scholarship application form and emailing or and mailing it with the required documents to:
Spina Bifida Association of Iowa
8525 Douglas Avenue, Suite 39
Urbandale, IA 50322