The following guidelines are for all SBAI Assistance Programs:
- Each request must be in writing using either the SBAI Assistance Request Form.
- The individual requesting assistance must be a member of the SBAI and must be enrolled in the SBAI
- All requests must be received within 30 days of the event unless stated otherwise within the specific program.
Do you need help paying for a new wheelchair or home modification?
Funds will be distributed to individuals to assist with durable medical equipment (DME) expenses not covered by third-party payers. Examples include orthotics, wheelchairs, cushions, shower chairs, grab bars, and vehicle modifications.
The following guidelines will be used:
- Documentation outlining service and cost from the provider must accompany the request.
- Documentation of third-party payer limits must accompany the request.
- There will be a maximum limit of $500 per individual per year.
Submit your request by printing and completing the Assistance Program Request Form and mailing it with the required documents to:
Spina Bifida Association of Iowa
Attn: Reimbursement Program
8525 Douglas Avenue, Suite 39
Urbandale, IA 50322