The following guidelines are for all SBAI Assistance Programs:
- Each request must be in writing using either the SBAI Assistance Request Form.
- The individual requesting assistance must be a member of the SBAI and must be enrolled in the SBAI
- All requests must be received within 30 days of the event unless stated otherwise within the specific program.
Do you travel more than 50 miles for medical care related to Spina Bifida?
We can assist with travel expenses associated with travel-related to out of town for Spina Bifida-related medical appointments.
The following guidelines will be used:
- The request must be received within 30 days following the appointment.
- Written verification of the medical appointment must be provided from the doctor or clinic. Lodging receipts MUST accompany overnight requests for verification. (food and gas receipts not necessary).
- There will be a maximum limit of $900.00 per individual per year determined as follows:
- $50.00 will be paid for a one-day appointment.
- $125.00 will be paid for an overnight appointment.
- $175.00 will be paid for 2 consecutive nights with an additional $75.00 per consecutive night.
- Overnight stays that do not include a hotel stay (ex. staying with a relative, Ronald McDonald House, etc) will be paid $50 for the first day and $25 for each additional day.
Submit your request by printing and completing the Assistance Program Request Form and mailing it with the required documents to:
Spina Bifida Association of Iowa
Attn: Reimbursement Program
8525 Douglas Avenue, Suite 39
Urbandale, IA 50322