The following guidelines are for all SBAI Assistance Programs:
- Each request must be in writing using either the SBAI Assistance Request Form.
- The individual requesting assistance must be a member of the SBAI and must be enrolled in the SBAI
- All requests must be received within 30 days of the event unless stated otherwise within the specific program.
The SBA of Iowa believes in accessibility to quality education for individuals with Spina Bifida.
The SBA of Iowa believes in accessibility to quality education for individuals with Spina Bifida. Scholarships will be awarded to individuals with Spina Bifida to assist them in their pursuit of post-high school education. Funds may be used for tuition, books, room, board and specialized equipment which is required to complete their course of study.
The following guidelines will be used:
- Scholarships will be based on financial need, academic record, community service, work history and other information provided.
- Up to $500.00 per individual per semester will be paid.
- Requests are preferred before the semester starts but will be accepted within the first 30 days of the semester.
- Funds MUST BE sent directly to the sponsoring institution.
- The following information must be provided for each scholarship program request:
- Name and address of the institution
- Student ID of the applicant
Submit your request by printing and completing the Assistance Program Request Form and mailing it with the required documents to:
Spina Bifida Association of Iowa
Attn: Reimbursement Program
8525 Douglas Avenue, Suite 39
Urbandale, IA 50322